In Legends of Al-Andalus you might encounter the Caravan.
Talk the Talk with the Chief Caravan Guard
See Talk the Talk. The NPCs are Rep 4 for this encounter. Additional NPC reaction modifiers are:
- +2d6 if you are hated enemy (e.g. a Bandit)
|Passed die difference||Reaction|
|Swept of feet|
|Ask a Favour|
Employment in the Mujahidun
Characters can join a Caravan by encountering a Chief Caravan Guard or Merchant and get a Swept off Feet result.
The outward bound Caravan routes are:
- City Gate to Villages (Vega) to Port
- City Gate to Villages (vega) to Sierra to Fort Caravaniserai to Sierra to Muslim Emirates
- City Gate to Villages (vega) to Sierra to Fort Caravaniserai to Sierra to Christian Kingdoms
There are corresponding inward Caravan routes for each of the above.
Encounters while with a Caravan are determined by this process:
- No encounter this month (1-3) or encounter (4-6).
- Encounter enemy are Bandits (1-4), Muslim Army (5) or Christian Army (6)
- Encounter is: open battle (1-3), raid defender (4-5) or challenge (6)
A raid against Bandits means the unit must march to the Sierra. Against another state means the unit marches across the border into that state.
Caravan guards earn 2 x Rep in AP each month but are only paid at the end of the journey. You can keep any Loot & Booty collected.
You can leave any time you like but unless you stay to the end of the journey you’ll be unpaid.
Throw 2d6 on the recruitment table until you have a force of sufficient points.
|Automatic||Chief Caravan Guard (W)||4||A/Sh||Lance, Sword||Horse||20|
|2-3||Heavy Cavalry (W)||4||A/Sh||Lance, Sword||Horse||20|
|4-6||Horse Archer (MM)||3||N||Short Bow||Horse||14|
|10-12||Archer (M)||3||N||Short Bow||Camel||13|