The Spanish Civil War interests me for a variety of reasons:
- A war of ideal and idealism.
- A prelude for WWII, so the technology was modern (Panzers, Flak 88s, Stuka dive bombers all appeared) but the participants didn’t really understand how to use them.
- That meant infantry still dominated other arms.
- Troops ranged from untrained Militias through the veteran Army of Africa.
- Romantic – if such a thing is possible – including ‘La Legion’ (the Spanish Foreign Legion) and the International Brigades.
- There are some nice figures.